- one kg (about 2 1/4 lb) spaghetti
- thirty ml (two tbsp.) olive oil
- two containers of white mushrooms, two hundred twenty seven g each, sliced
- three green peppers cut into strips
- one sliced onion
- 1.5 liters (six cups) tomato and basil sauce
- two bags of sliced pepperoni, 250 g each
- Salt and pepper to taste
- five hundred ml (two cups) grated mozzarella
- five hundred ml (two cups) grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven one hundred ninety °C (three hundred seventy five °F).
In pot of salt boiling water, cooking spaghetti to al dente. Drain.
In the same pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the mushrooms for eight to ten minutes, until the water has evaporated.
Add peppers and onion. Continue cooking for five minutes.
Add the tomato and basil sauce, then bring to a boil, stirring. Add spaghetti and pepperoni. Salt, pepper and stir.
Pour the mixture into one or more baking dishes. Cover with mozzarella and cheddar. Bake for 10 minutes.
Set oven to broil position. Continue cook for two to three min, to cheese is golden brown.
For freezing and thawing
Let cool, then chill in the fridge.
Divide the mixture into airtight containers and place in the freezer.
The day before the meal, let the desired number of portions thaw in the refrigerator.
At mealtime, reheat the portions in the microwave.